|Location: Farnborough||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Mechanical Engineer, Design, Engineering, Military, Power, Vehicle, Drivetrain, Hybrid, Vehicles, CAD, SolidWorks, Autonomous Vehicles, Power
An experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to play a key role in the input and analysis of emerging areas such as Land Autonomy, using robotic vehicles and Hybrid Electric Drives (HED) for military vehicles. If you have a proven track record of Hybrid Power Generation & Transmission, Drivetrains, Electric Drives or Military tracked and wheeled vehicles I want to hear from you!
So, what will you be doing as a Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- Lead and participate in the delivery of projects, with a primary focus on mechanical engineering and analysis;
- Be accountable for the delivery of own work and that of junior members of the team as agreed with, or as part of, the Project Leadership to the required budgets, standards and specifications;
- Produce effective solutions with concise and valid recommendations;
- Ensure that a traceable record is maintained of work conducted;
- Understand and work within a range of requirements and British / ISO standards applicable to the mechanical system in development;
- Leading and conduct of mechanical and electro-mechanical design and analysis work to enable delivery of technical work that meet the customer's requirements;
- Generation and development of viable concepts and solutions that meet the customer's requirements;
- Maintain a level of general knowledge and look to develop areas of specific expertise.
What are we looking for in our next Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- First Degree or higher Degree in a related discipline, e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering;
- 8+ Years expected experience in a relevant field;
- Experience leading engineering teams to achieve project aims;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to exchange complex information and developed communication and diplomacy skills used to direct / persuade / influence others;
- Ability to use CAD software (ideally Solid Works) to develop concepts communicate and explore ideas and to interrogate designs and obtain required information such as dimensions of features;
- Significant experience in automotive, electric drive vehicles, military vehicles and/or autonomous vehicles;
- Able to identify the approach and mathematics required to solve an engineering problem;
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Senior Mechanical Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Senior Mechanical Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.