|Location: Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer needed for an industry leading Defence & Maritime organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Mechanical Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using the design definition of marine systems, knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle and an ability to apply good systems engineering practices to your work and an awareness of marine engineering codes and standards, and their application in the design of systems and specification of equipment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Developing marine equipment and system technical requirements in response to project briefs, and applying these to drive the definition of engineering solutions.
- Defining and leading the delivery of design justification activities for proposed modifications and upgrades to marine systems
- Working alongside other engineering disciplines to deliver integrated system solutions. Gathering evidence to demonstrate compliance of these solutions with safety, function and performance requirements.
- Authoring and reviewing design and analysis reports, system and equipment specifications, and supplier statements of work. Assessing supplier responses to technical proposals.
- Establishing relationships with MOD stakeholders, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy project needs.
- Presentation of work to design review panels and customer stakeholders.
- Supporting business development teams in defining technical work scopes and authoring bid responses for future Defence engineering opportunities.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- A degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- A Chartered engineer, or evidence of recent progression towards Chartership
- Proven track record in the design definition of marine systems
- Knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle and an ability to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- An awareness of marine engineering codes and standards, and their application in the design of systems and specification of equipment
- 10 years+ experience in the design of naval marine power & propulsion, and auxiliary systems
- Experience of delivering feasibility and concept-level studies for future modifications
- An awareness of the operational requirements specific to naval ships, and the design intent of their systems.
- Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
- Experience in the technical leadership of junior engineers across bid and project delivery
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security up to SC level is required for the Senior Mechanical Engineer position
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.