|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer needed for an international high-tech organisation based in Southampton who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth experience of Solidworks, ideally working with optical, mechatronic or electronic products.
The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Flexible working hours
* Opportunities to travel and work abroad
* Fantastic working culture
* Life Insurance
The role of the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
* Using 3D CAD (SolidWorks), design bespoke laser systems, new laser platforms and perform modifications to existing designs to improve performance, reliability, cost or ease of manufacture.
* Work closely with our team of Optical and Electronic Engineers to generate new design concepts and take ownership of mechanical designs throughout the lifecycle of our products - including BOM generation and maintenance via ECNs.
* Design, model and test cooling schemes for thermal management within laser systems (air or water cooling).
* Take ownership of project work packages within design projects; work with project managers to ensure delivery of solutions within tight deadlines.
* Prototype assembly and work with engineers to prepare assembly instructions.
* Communication is key: as well as generating reports and required quality documentation, you will support other areas within the business with your technical expertise as well as working with external suppliers.
* There will be some occasional travel - to suppliers and other offices within Europe.
What you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer:
* Proven, relevant experience of inspirational mechanical design in precision optical, mechatronics or an electronic product environment. Experience within the laser industry and knowledge of high power (kW) laser technology is especially useful.
* Track record of design for both sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining and total familiarity with drawing standards and geometric tolerances. Relevant experience in CFD and thermal management, design for EMC and optical, electronics or industrial product design is also useful.
* A relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Physical Sciences would be an advantage. A high standard of 3D CAD expertise - preferably SolidWorks - is required.
* Comfortable working in small project teams; able to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Well-developed analytical abilities; able to question complex information, identify root-cause and effects and deliver inspiring solutions whilst displaying an entrepreneurial spirit.
* Passionate about what you do and for delivering an outstanding level of customer service both internal and externally.
* Exceptional time-management abilities, a deadline-oriented approach and strong decision-making skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!