|Location: Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Senior Mechanical Engineer
What the role entails:
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be working across the breadth of the engineering design lifecycle to support the surface ship fleet. You will be responsible for providing professional mechanical engineering services to meet the future operational needs of naval platforms, the Engineering Services business and customer programmes.
This role will provide you with exposure to engineering systems across a wide range of naval craft including the Type 45 Destroyer, QEC Carrier, Offshore Patrol Vessel and T23 Frigate. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of stakeholders with a common goal to deliver innovative solutions, optimising the performance of legacy marine systems and supporting the integration of cutting-edge technology, ensuring ships redeploy into service with improved operational capability.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Mechanical Engineer will involve:
- Applying marine equipment and system technical requirements to drive the definition of engineering solutions
- Developing design concepts in accordance with applicable marine codes and standards and undertaking mechanical assessments of these proposals
- Working alongside other engineering disciplines to deliver integrated system solutions. Gathering evidence to demonstrate compliance of these solutions with safety, function and performance requirements
- Authoring technical reports, system and equipment specifications, and supplier statements of work
- Engaging with MOD stakeholders, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy project needs
- Presenting work to engineering authorities and customer stakeholders
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Experience in the design definition of marine systems
- Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle and an ability to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- An awareness of marine engineering codes and standards and their application in the design of systems and specification of equipment
- Chartered Engineer, or evidence of recent progression towards Chartership
- Experience in the design of naval marine power & propulsion and auxiliary systems
- Understanding of the operational requirements specific to naval ships and the design intent of their systems
- Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Senior Mechanical Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.