|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Buckinghamshire. The client is looking to employ an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for the research, design and development of Antenna System products for use in demanding air, land and sea environments.
The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Flexible working hours
* Annual bonus
* Great pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Group Income Protection
* Life Assurance
* Single Medical Cover
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Mechanical Engineer will include:
* Conceptual design of products and manufacturing techniques to support bids and initial project phases.
* Research into new technologies to support project developing including management and leadership of the research WPs
* Review of technical documentation in support of development manufacture
* Preparation of test plans
* Evaluation of new materials, paints and report writing
What you need to be the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Mechanical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience with evaluating paint systems, composites and adhesives preferable - although not essential for right candidate.
* Experience working within the Aerospace sector.
* Experience of engineering product life cycle and development phases.
* Experience with RoHS/REACH requirements
* Experience working within the Aerospace Sector or similar regulated industry
* Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering (alternatives considered)
* A good understanding of how to extract technical requirements from generic roadmaps and identify where gaps apply.
* Proven track record in managing technical projects.
* Hands on experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment
* Extensive knowledge of composite Design & manufacture (ideally GFRP)
* Ability to read and understand Technical drawings/documents
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!