|Location: Spain||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sean Tierney|
Gold Group have a unique opportunity for an experienced Optical Engineer to lead a team in a new space company working on next generation satellites. If you have experience in AIV and Design of Optical payloads this is the opportunity for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the optical team
- Define the improvements for optical payloads
- Provide support to the specification of optical systems and their production contacted to industry. This includes in particular specifying tests and verification requirements, critically assessing optical manufacturing and test error budgets, following-up of optical manufacturing and test activities; Scrutinize the design of optical test set-ups and the test procedures generated by external partners; propose improvements wherever needed and critically assessing and reviewing the verification plan as well as the compliance of optical systems with respect to the specifications.
- Provide optical analyses and optical engineering budgets to the teams of system engineering, control and "Assembly, Integration and Verification (AIV)". Define and implement test and alignment procedures for telescopes and optical units.
- Actively participate to the test of optical systems. Generate comprehensive test reports.
Skills & Experience:
You should have knowledge and 5+ years of professional experience in optical engineering as well as experience in several of the following fields:
- 5 years' experience in AIV of optical elements in visible range
- Design and implementation of optical test set-up
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of opto-mechanical design principles and optical design software
University degree in Optical Engineering or Physics (MSc or equivalent), with 5 years of professional experience.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.