|Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering
|Contact: Nick Taylor
|Job Published: 26 days ago
Senior PCB Engineer
Rochester - Onsite
£40,000 - £50,000
Pension contributions (up to 14% total), 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays, free shares, flexible working hours.
Senior PCB Engineer needed to join an established electronics engineering firm in Rochester, Kent.
What the role of the PCB Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the PCB Engineer will include:
- Working within a team of PCB Process Engineers to create routings, modify BOMs, author technical instructions, define tooling and write machine programs for prototype, development and production PCB Assemblies
- Providing general support to the shop floor to resolve any issues and training shop floor technicians in the safe and controlled operation of PCB manufacturing processes
- Initiating and supporting continuous process improvement efforts to benefit time, cost and quality
- Working with other PCB Process Engineers to identification new and emerging manufacturing technologies and create business case justifications for capital investment to advance our manufacturing capabilities
- Working with Engineering to influence the manufacturability of new and emerging designs by ensuring adherence to design rules and process capabilities
- Generating metrics to illustrate performance
What experience you need to be the successful PCB Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Experience of working within a PCBA Manufacturing environment including: SMT, Vapour Phase/Convection Reflow, Wave Solder, Selective Solder, Manual Assembly, Conformal Coating or PCBA Test processes
- Ability to interpret drawing sets into manufacturing instructions
- Root cause capability to investigate manufacturing issues that arise during PCB assembly
- IPC-600, IPC610 and IPC-2581 Qualified
- Experience working as a PCB Process Engineer in a low volume, high mix and high complexity manufacturing environment
- Working within an EN9100 / AS9145 compliant environment
To be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a PCB Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.