|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Procurement Manager needed for a multinational engineering company specialising within aerospace & aviation based in Bournemouth. Ideally looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Procurement Manager that takes pride in their work, with an in-depth knowledge of supply chain processes, bid & risk management and strategic thinking being ideal qualities. .
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree and have commercial experience within procurement/supply chain and come from an engineering/aerospace/defence background.
- 37 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Single PMI
- 3x Life Cover
- 50% Income Protection
- 12% Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
- Managing strategic suppliers and strategic relationships
- Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across the company's UK and key suppliers
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide pay back justifications
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with the company's policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and 'flow down' requirements from customer contracts
- Supporting the company's bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs and differentiates the company from its competitors
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing.
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
- Ensuring integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export controlled information
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability.
What experience you need to be the successful Procurement Manager:
- Experience in strategic supplier relationship management and developing procurement plans.
- Graduate level
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, law, strategic procurement or a related discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on both simple and complex subcontracts
- Experience in supporting a Bid Team to negotiate and secure sub-contracts on complex support service programmes
- Experience with preparing tender documentation
- Experience with evaluating tender responses
- Experience with project management principles and working as part of a project team
- An advanced knowledge of procurement and contract management principles An advanced understanding of key contractual principles (e.g. contract formation, indemnities, consequential loss)
- Expertise in various contract types (Cost-type, Firm / Fixed Price, Fixed Price Incentive Fee, Fixed Price Level of Effort, Time and Material)
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognise risk elements in business transactions and develop strategies for mitigating risk
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for this role, all candidates must be willing to undergo & obtain UK security clearance to a high level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.