|Location: Chelmsford, Essex, England||Salary: £45000 - £52000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Senior Procurement Manager
My client is a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who manage a global supply base responsible for delivering materials into a complex manufacturing system. You will operate in a challenging environment, specifically managing the procurement requirements of several development projects that will require high mix, low volume materials and components with detailed specifications and uncompromising quality requirements. Success will depend on your motivation to autonomously drive strategies and objectives through to completion.
- Work closely with and be a designated point of contact to internal project teams to identify procurement requirements and project scope.
- Own the strategy and management of selected commodities.
- Identify potential new suppliers and asses their suitability for the long term requirements of the project and business.
- Write and issue detailed Request for Information / Request for Proposal documents to enable a full and robust supplier selection process.
- Review and benchmark supplier responses to RFI's / RFP's to enable strong supplier recommendations that take into account commercial, technical and quality requirements.
- Ensuring relevant costing strategies are implemented to achieve best possible pricing.
- Establish contracts and framework agreements to ensure security of supply and delivery of improvements against KPIs.
- Implement and progress effective supplier development plans, yielding tangible improvements.
- Co-ordinate activities between engineering and suppliers to improve the manufacturability of materials, components and assemblies based on operational priorities.
- Manage supplier performance, drawing on your experience and performance data to yield consistent improvements.
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of SAP would be highly advantageous.
- Significant procurement experience in a highly technical /engineering environment.
- Significant experience working in a direct manufacturing environment (preferably low volume / high mix).
- Knowledge of supply chain, material management, demand forecasting and engineering change management principles.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous.
- Working with excel to compile and evaluate data will be an important aspect of your role.
- MS Office proficient - Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Managing change in the right way.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.