|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager needed for a market leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Project Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes, experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria, and the Aerospace Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Project Manager will include:
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; supporting preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Leading teams to deliver projects within the budget set, in the timescale and to the quality required of the scope and business needs.
- Compile resourced project plans to feed into overall resource forecasting and management.
- Manage project resources, schedule and financials throughout the full project life cycle from bid to closure.
- Management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic development of company project management processes as part of the continual improvement programme.
- Contribute to the forward management of the Company by offering suggestions and constructive actions to processes and results.
- Maintain relationships with other Business Groups to ensure effective communication.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
- Ensure that Project purchasing and invoicing are up to date
- Ensure that Project schedules and project files are up to date
- Ensure that Project reporting is accurate
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff by observing Company policies and procedures and reporting any incidents as necessary.
- To attend any training courses / sessions as requested by management.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
What you need to be the successful Senior Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Senior Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes. Prince2, APM or PMI qualifications preferred
- Experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Excellent client facing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Well organised
- Good numerically and technically
- To be commercially aware.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.