|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager needed for a market leading Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Project Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes, experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria, and the Aerospace Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Project Manager will include:
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; supporting preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Leading teams to deliver projects within the budget set, in the timescale and to the quality required of the scope and business needs.
- Compile resourced project plans to feed into overall resource forecasting and management.
- Manage project resources, schedule and financials throughout the full project life cycle from bid to closure.
- Management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic development of company project management processes as part of the continual improvement programme.
- Contribute to the forward management of the Company by offering suggestions and constructive actions to processes and results.
- Maintain relationships with other Business Groups to ensure effective communication.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
- Ensure that Project purchasing and invoicing are up to date
- Ensure that Project schedules and project files are up to date
- Ensure that Project reporting is accurate
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff by observing Company policies and procedures and reporting any incidents as necessary.
- To attend any training courses / sessions as requested by management.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
What you need to be the successful Senior Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Senior Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in Project / Programme Management using leading methodologies and processes. Prince2, APM or PMI qualifications preferred
- Experience of managing multiple projects controlling critical success factors and criteria
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Excellent client facing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Well organised
- Good numerically and technically
- To be commercially aware.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!