|Location: Crawley||Salary: £50000.00 - £53000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Senior QEHS Engineer
- Crawley, West Sussex (Onsite)
- Start - ASAP
- Salary - £50k -£53k pa
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Senior QEHS Engineer is responsible for driving quality and environmental, health & safety programs across the business. This is a hands-on role with a primary focus on the practical implementation of improvements in both fields.
In support of the operation to deliver high-quality products and maintain a safe work environment, this position demands strong customer focus, high-calibre analytical and logical thinking, and the drive, energy and sense of urgency to marshal resources and solve complex problems quickly.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive continuous improvement projects aiming at process performance increase (FPY, RTY, ppm level) and waste reduction (scrap, CoQ)
- Review and manage nonconformities (internal and external) reported in the Incident Log
- Carry out root cause analysis, product testing (mechanical and electrical) and reporting (8D)
- Work closely with the engineering support and product enhancement (ESPE) team on product fault investigation
- Ensure the goods-in, and goods-out processes are efficient and relevant to business needs
- Monitor factory scrap level, improve data collection and reporting mechanism
- Management of customer complaint process at the factory level. Primary focus on investigation and reporting.
- Management of the quarantine area, including investigation and disposition of items
- Work with the procurement team on the supplier performance improvement (quality-related measures) and carry out supplier audits.
- Lead ISO 9001 internal audits and recommend improvement to the QMS
- Manage data in the ERP system (JDE) at the item and BOM level. Supporting engineering change process (ECO).
- Design and implement efficient operation processes
- Support development of the document control system.
- Provide management with regular updates on Quality Performance
- Enhance internal communication and awareness of quality
- Support EHS management at the company and ensure compliance with Velocity workflows
- Ensure the business unit is compliant with UK legislative and Emerson Corporate EHS requirements
- Lead 5S+1 program at the company
- Manage the COSHH process and ensure ongoing compliance with local and global requirements
- Champion EHS communication improvement and work on raising team engagement in EHS programs and activities
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements. This job description is non-contractual and is for information and mutual understanding of both parties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field
- Demonstrable experience in QMS and EHS, including auditing, document control and process management
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 standard or equivalent
- Sound understanding of product certification (knowledge of ATEX and IECEx would be an advantage)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (low volume & high complexity preferable but not essential)
- Track record of successful cross-departmental improvement projects (you will be asked to provide evidence of success)
- Experience in lean manufacturing methodology and concepts such as Kanban, VSM, TPI, Kaizen, Six Sigma and best practice implementation
- Project management skills - Ability to work effectively within a matrix organisation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.). Experience in using SharePoint and Power BI would be an advantage
- Advanced understanding of ERP concerning Manufacturing Engineering (i. e. BOMs, Routers, Planning Bills etc.). Experience in JDE/AS400/MAPICS would be an advantage
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.