|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Senior QHSE Engineer
Senior QHSE Engineer needed for a multinational engineering and electronics company who are looking to employ a Senior QHSE Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The ideal candidate would be qualified with a relevant degree or HNC, and hold membership with IOSH or equivalent engineering chartership.
If you have exdperience within defence, engineering or manufacturing that would be a plus!
Reporting into the Operations Support and Compliance Manager (OS&C), the Senior QHSE Engineer will have a primary responsibility for supporting and developing the Health & Safety and Environmental processes, procedures and associated management systems. In addition there will be a requirement to undertake project based quality activities. Ensure governance and satisfy the QHSE requirements of customers and assist in ensuring the integrity of products and processes to satisfy business, customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Senior QHSE Engineer
- Support the OS&C Manager in embedding a Health & Safety and Environmental culture, based upon continuous evaluation and improvement
- Undertake internal EH&S inspections
- Undertake investigations of H&S Incidents/Accidents
- Undertake investigations of environmental incidents
- To provide quality assurance through the implementation, improvement and maintenance of QHSE policies, processes, procedures and systems
- To identify and report areas of non-conformance/compliance and identify improvements
- To participate in the production of contract QHSE tender documentation
- To undertake 1st Party, 2nd Party, act as a Guide in 3rd Party Process and Product audits
- Using 8D, progress non-conformances, identify root cause, corrective & preventive actions to closure
- On assigned contracts:
- Undertake the role of QHSE Lead Engineer
- Ensure customer QHSE requirements are fully understood and are met within given contracts
- Undertake PFMEA to aid the prediction and prevention of quality defects
- Generate and maintain contract quality plans
- Identify product configuration control management to ensure traceability
- Maintain contract improvement Lessons Learnt records
- Produce specific metrics for the business
- Performing first article inspections, supplier acceptance, witnessing testing and product release audits
- Ensure Supplier/Subcontractor quality management, including approval, flow-down of requirements, monitoring and corrective action management
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards and customer specifications
- Undertake QHSE Induction, toolbox talks and raise QHSE awareness, as required
Personal attributes of the Senior QHSE Engineer
HS&E experience within complex/bespoke electronic/mechanical engineering environment
Proactive, able to work autonomously within tight timescales managing multi-disciplined projects/tasks
Computer literate, with good communication skills both written and verbal
Knowledge of the product safety regulations would be an advantageous (IEC 80079-34:2018)
Knowledge /experience of Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Schemes (RISQS)
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (from a recognised UKAS accredited training provider)
- Internal/Lead Auditor and ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001 desirable
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Experience of, PPAP and IPC standards would be an advantageous
- Educated to degree or HNC level in either a safety or engineering discipline
- Previous experience within in a Manufacturing environment
- Ideally a member of the Institute of Quality Assurance
- Member of IOSH
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior QHSE Engineer to progress their career! If the above sounds like you get in touch with a memeber of Gold Group today!
In order to apply for this role candidates must be willing and able to obtain UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.