|Location: Birmingham||Salary: £58000 - £62000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£58,000 to £62,000 + car & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor at their offices Aston, Birmingham. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will join an established team that are going to be responsible for the delivery of a large framework for Network Rail that aims to improve the network across the West Midlands.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the Commercial Manager, developing a small team of 2-3 surveyors of varying abilities and overseeing a portfolio of work that includes upgrades to track side assets including track points, overhead lines, signalling systems and drainage renewals.
- Oversee the commercial management of £35m-40m p/a of plain line, drainage renewals, signalling and other trackside projects
- Accurately measure, record and value all work to be undertaken
- Interpret specifications and drawings
- Prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of Rates from drawings and specifications
- Prepare cost reconciliation statements
- Collate all cost & value information
- Manage subcontract accounts
- Support 2-3 more junior surveyors with the development of their careers
- Offer commercial advice and guidance to the operational teams
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be offered a position that includes the support and mentoring of an experienced Commercial Manager, the backing of an established, cash rich main contractor and a structured career path that begins on your first day. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £58,000 to £62,000
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Contributory Pension
- Private healtcare
- 25 days annual leave
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have extensive experience working on civil engineering or infrastructure projects and be confident using the NEC suite of contracts. Candidates with previous rail experience will be at an advantage.
To register your interest and ensure you don't miss out, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.