|Location: Lichfield||Salary: £55000 - £62000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£55,000 to £62,000 + car & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor on a high value, high profile infrastructure project in the West Midlands. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining an experienced team, working closely with the site teams and the project's senior leadership team, overseeing large sub-contract packages from procurement through to final accounts.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will play a key role within the project, taking responsibility for a major earthworks package. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be reporting to the Managing Surveyor and some of your key duties will include:
- Supporting junior surveyors, taking overall responsibility for sound commercial delivery of large sub-contract orders
- Offering advice and guidance to the Senior PM and Commercial Management team
- Project the main contractors position utilising an in depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
- Prepare sub-contract invitations to tender and evaluate all tender returns
- Appoint sub-contractors
- Identify, mitigate and manage commercial risks and opportunities
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be offered an exciting opportunity that includes a realistic path for progression to MQS, Commercial Manager and beyond, the support of a friendly and approachable team and a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £55,000 to £62,000
- Company car or travel allowance
- 25 Days annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
- Discretionary bonus
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity must have previous experience working for a main contractor on large civil engineering, infrastructure or utilities projects. You'll also need to have experience using the NEC form of contract and a drive to keep developing yourself and promoting a positive working environment.
If you'd like discuss how we this project could help you take your career further, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.