|Location: City of London||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£55,000 to £65,000 + package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a major infrastructure project in London. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining an experienced site based team and managing a portfolio of subcontract packages whilst developing your own commercial team. The opportunity promises exposure to an exciting and technically challenging project, the support of an experienced and professional team and the security of a secured 5 year programme of work for a leading main contractor.
Some of the Senior Quantity Surveyors key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the site based project management and engineering teams, offering support and guidance on all commercial and contractual matters
- Ensure all contractual and commercial risks & opportunities are identified and acted on accordingly
- Provide the Commercial Leadership team with accurate and regular project updates
- Produce accurate reports and documents support the commercial progress on the packages under your remit
- Manage subcontracts through the full life cycle including initial placement through to final account negotiation
- Prepare and agree all interim applications for payment
- Support other surveyors within the team with the development of their own careers
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor can expect a rewarding and exciting position that includes exposure to a high profile, major infrastructure project, the support of an experienced team and the opportunity to put your own mark on the project. You'll be given a structured career path with realistic goals and targets to get to Managing QS and beyond and offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £55,000 to £65,000
- Travel allowance
- 25 Days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Soft benefits incl. high street vouchers, cycle to work scheme etc.
- Flexible working/hybrid working
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previous experience working in the UK on a civil engineering or infrastructure project for a main contractor. You'll also need excellent communication skills, a natural commercial flair to your work and be driven and keen to develop your own career. A strong understanding of the NEC contract is essential.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.