|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £55000 - £63000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
up to £63k + £7.3k car/travel & package
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen with a leading infrastructure & civil engineering contractor on a £50m civil engineering project near to Portsmouth on the South Coast. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining a busy project based team on this 3 year project which is due to complete in late 2021.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll be supporting the MQS & CM and providing advice and guidance to other surveyors on the project. You'll be involved with both pre & post contract duties, some of which will include:
- Ensuring the site team is following company procedures
- Assist with the development & performance of an AQS & Project QS
- Prepare cost reports for the clients and Senior commercial team
- Identify and mitigate commercial risks
- Value engineering
- Attend and host site progress meetings
- Contract administration
- Dispute resolution
- Procurement of suppliers & subcontractors
- Negotiate and agree final accounts
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £63,000, a company car or car allowance of £7,000 p/a, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, private healthcare, contributory pension and a discretionary bonus. You'll also have the support of an approachable senior management team and the security of a strong pipeline of work with clients across both private & public sectors. You'll also have regular career reviews with a structured career path to Managing QS and beyond alongside regular pay & package reviews.
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have:
- A degree or masters in a construction related subject
- Experience within civil engineering, infrastructure or associated sectors (Quantity Surveyors with experience of working on projects incorporating large diameter pipes and instruments will be at an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Live within a commutable distance of the site in Portsmouth
If you're looking for a new career challenge and you'd like to be considered for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor, apply by sending your CV or calling Matt Clegg at Gold Group.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.