|Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor living Buckinghamshire to join a leading, privately owned main contractor delivering projects for National Grid, UKPN and SSE. Working between their London offices and an important project near to Kettering, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be developing a small team of surveyors on a local project valued at around £10m.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor, will be taking responsibility for the full commercial delivery of the project from design & procurement through to final account negotiation. You'll be site based and mentoring junior surveyors and providing commercial advice to the project delivery teams to ensure the sound delivery of the project which has a completion date of early 2021. Some of your duties will include:
- Preparation of accurate cost reports
- Overseeing the procurement of subcontractors
- Administration of subcontract and supplier accounts
- Challenge and manage cost control and cost mitigation
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement
- Work closely with the clients team/s
- Act as a mentor to others within the commercial team
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to be willing to travel to head office in London and the project office near to Kettering. You'll need a degree in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying, a sound understanding of the NEC contract, excellent communication skills and experience of delivering projects within the civil engineering, utilities or infrastructure sectors.
In return, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be given the opportunity to quickly progress their careers as well as earning a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50,000 to £60,000 (depending on experience)
- £6,000 to £7,000 car allowance
- 27 days annual leave
- Private pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- 8% bonus
- Payment of professional fees
This opportunity would be well suited to a Senior Quantity Surveyor living locally and looking for the chance to lead on their own project with a forward thinking business. Apply today to ensure you don't miss out.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.