|Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire||Salary: £75000 - £85000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor at their regional offices near to Basingstoke. Joining a busy and growing team, you'll be tasked with delivering a £30m new build education project for a local university and taking the programme through from start to finish.
On offer is a chance for the Senior Quantity Surveyor to gain exposure to a major project for a cash rich, successful and growing main contractor. You'll have lots of opportunity to develop your career with yearly pay & performance reviews and be given access to a wide range of training programmes carried out both internally and externally. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £75,000 to £85,000
- Car allowance of £7,000
- Contributory Pension
- Private Healthcare
- 27 days annual leave
- Flexible working
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be developing a team of 2-3 surveyors with some of your duties to include:
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship with the client, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers throughout the project life cycle
- Prepare the budget & prelims build up, managing subcontract bids, and the full tender process
- Provide advice where required on methods of procurement
- Full subcontract management
- Attend project design and progress meetings
- Provide the senior commercial team with ongoing and accurate commercial progress of the project
- Offering and implementing solutions to minimise commercial risks
- Acting as a mentor and supporting your team with their own development
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity must have experience of working for a leading main contractor in the UK within the building/construction sector and have experience on working on large new build projects with costs of more than £10m. You'll also need to have excellent communication skills. Candidates with experience of working on tall buildings will be at an advantage.
Call Matt Clegg at Gold Group today to ensure you don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.