|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £53000 - £56000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen with a leading infrastructure contractor at their offices in Central London. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a busy, growing specialist business unit working with clients including UK Power Networks, National Grid, SSE, London Underground and others. A key part of your role role will include working closely with the Managing QS and supporting him with the delivery of a growing portfolio of projects with a combined value of around £40m whilst also supporting Junior Surveyors with the development of their careers.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be given an opportunity that includes yearly pay and performance reviews, a structured career path with no limits to where you can take your career, exposure to a variety of different projects valued from £3m to £12m each, the support of an experienced and approachable senior commercial team and a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £53,000 to £56,000
- £7,000 car allowance or company car
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension
- 27 days annual leave
- Discretionary bonus
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Some of the Senior Quantity Surveyors duties will include:
- Ensuring the site team follow the right commercial processes
- Prepare internal reporting documents
- Preparation of valuation & applications for payment
- Administration of subcontractor and supplier accounts
- Measurement of quantities
- Prepare accurate cost reports
- Develop, mentor and support junior staff within the commercial team
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have:
- A degree or masters in a construction subject
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of all aspects of commercial management on civil engineering projects with a particular focus on procurement, cost reporting, programme planning and change control
- Good NEC contract knowledge
Candidates working through their APC or those that are chartered with the RICS will be at an advantage.
If you're looking for a new career challenge and you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending your CV or calling Matt Clegg at Gold Group.
Please note that interviews will be taking place over Skype.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.