|Location: Hendon, Greater London, England||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50,000 to £65,000 + travel & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor working on HS2 in West London. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be joining one of two teams, either tunnels or structures. The tunnels team are focused on delivering 20+ km of large diameter, twin bored tunnels and the structures team will be undertaking major earthworks, new bridges, access shafts and other large concrete elements. Both roles promise rapid career development alongside exposure to a high profile, technically challenging programme on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Western Europe.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the full life cycle of various packages with values of £10m to £50m. Alongside your team, you'll be responsible from procurement to final account negotiation with some of your duties to include:
- Produce monthly cost reports and forecasts
- Ensure the companies commercial policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Prepare and complete sub-contract documentation
- Prepare and process sub-contractor applications for payment
- Agree sub-contractor final accounts
- Manage variations and change control
- Act as a mentor to junior members of the commercial team
- Support the commercial leadership team and keep them updated with progress
Alongside exposure to a major project and the support you'll get from their friendly and experienced commercial leadership team, the role also promises no limits on career progression, job security, exposure to new construction processes and a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £50,000 to £65,000
- Travel Allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor must have recent experience of working on large civil engineering projects procured under the NEC contract. You'll need excellent communication skills, a 'can do' attitude and a drive to continue learning and developing your understanding of the industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity with an award winning employer on a major project. Get in touch today to ensure you don't miss out.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.