|Location: Southwark, London||Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Change)
City of London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the project team on a £1bn+ heavy civil engineering project in Central London. This exciting position will give the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor exposure to one of the capitals largest civil engineering projects where you'll be using the latest construction techniques and process to construct more than 20 miles of large diameter tunnels and the associated infrastructure under the surface of one of the greatest cities in the world.
Joining the 6 year project at the JV office in Central London, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will be undertaking a role that includes both traditional Quantity Surveying and Change Management. Some of your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the client, regularly meeting to discuss ongoing project changes
- Discussing the impact of changes with the engineers and project teams
- Pay close attention to the contract to monitor the commercial challenges that could arise from project change
- Measuring all changes & variations
- Pursue the client and consultants for details and information in regards to all changes
- Support the senior management team to ensure they aware of project progress
- Act as a mentor to Junior Surveyors, offering advice & guidance where possible
On offer is a chance to join one of the latest major civil engineering projects in the capital with a leading main contractor. As an employer, they are well recognised for their involvement on high profile, complex projects and with a growing pipeline of work across London, the business continues to grow and develop which in turn is opening up some really exciting opportunities for people to further their careers. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £60,000 to £70,000
- £5,000 car/travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
- Fuel card
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have experience working for a leading main contractor in the UK on large civil engineering and infrastructure projects. You'll also need to have experience of working on change management, excellent communication skills and keen to develop and further your own career.
My client is currently anticipating a start between June & July and for interviews to be held online via Skype in late April.
Get in touch with Matt Clegg today to ensure you don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.