|Location: Crawley||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior Real Time Software Engineer - 0610
Help patients get life-saving treatment, as a Senior Software Engineer within our talented team of Engineers developing software for our world leading Radiation Therapy Treatment systems. We are looking for somebody with to join and help lead the future vision for our current and next generation of Imaging and Delivery Software.
- Ensure that all products are developed in accordance with the applicable published development process, including coding standards.
- Ensure changes are appropriately component and smoke tested before merged to trunk.
- Ensure changes are appropriately integration tested before verification tesing.
- Resolve safety hazards in the working environment. Escalate to Software Systems Manager if unable to resolve yourself.
- Resolve safety hazards in products under development or in use. Escalate to project manager if unable to resolve yourself.
- Shows self-starting ability to analyse and provide practical solutions to problems.
- Complete a weekly timesheet.
- Maintain an organised, tidy, pleasant and non-offensive working environment.
- Additional roles and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the software systems manager.
- With adequate input from stakeholders, define the software requirements at component level.
- Provide input in to software design at the system, subsystem and component levels.
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Show respect to all colleagues.
- Be a strong communicator both within a team and across teams
A technical expert who:
- With adequate input from stakeholders, defines the software requirements at subsystem and component level.
- Collaborates with other functions and colleagues, as needed, to drive the software design at component and sub system level.
- Is a 'go-to person' for questions in a technical area, at sub system and component levels.
- Has an awareness of, and acts upon, business and technical drivers to their work.
- Is involved in other functional engineering activities outside of pure software (e.g. Safety Analysis, Test case review).
- Develops skills in building and maintaining external and internal relationships.
- Has ability to technically lead a small team.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
- Servo Controls focus and awareness
- Significant experience in servo-controls and control loops
- Proven Experience in MATLAB /Simulink to model and simulate hardware/electronic components
- Good understanding in electronics (DC and step motors control)
- Proficient use of C/C++ in a real-time environment
- Proven experience writing code running on real-time OS
- Ability to diagnose and maintain existing code
- Experience with interface specifications and integration with hardware
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Solid understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices and techniques
- Comfortable working in a Team
- Past experience writing multi-threaded code
- Experience of developing in a regulated environment (medical preferred)
- Good understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency in UML/SysML Modeling
- Experience of CI/CD
- Experience of C#/C++ in a Windows Environment
- Experience with Visual Studio, JIRA, SVN
- Understanding of integration and testing in a complete system (including Hardware and Firmware)
- Experience of component/unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban and SAFe)
- Ability to document low level requirements, specifications document and write test cases.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.