|Location: Cambridgeshire||Salary: £22 - £25 per hour|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Life Sciences||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Research Scientist
Senior Research Scientist needed for a multinational pharmaceutical organisation based in Cambridgeshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Research Scientist that takes pride in their work with a good understanding of a wide range of biochemical assay methods e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques and previous involvement in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Research Scientist will include:
- To be a lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in the area of biochemical assay development; independently designing, developing and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
- To work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and Mechanistic Biology & Profiling teams to ensure that assays are designed optimally and implemented effectively.
- To implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate.
- To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing novel ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made; potentially leading one or more aspects of scientific discipline within the team.
- To achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Research Scientist:
- Ideally a Ph.D (BSc minimum) in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline; or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications; together with an understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
- A practical understanding of a wide range of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to a range of biological targets.
- A practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
- Research experience in Oncology
- Experience in mass spectrometry.
- Cell culture and cell assay development expertise.
- Hands-on experience of screening compounds in biochemical and cell assays
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across the interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise.
- Experience of working in external collaborations.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.