|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Life Sciences, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Senior Safety Consultant
London OR Reading
£45000 - £50000 + Benefits Package
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Safety Engineer / Consultant that is keen to utilise their existing knowledge into a range of industry settings that you may not have tried before (Healthcare / Hospitals, Local Authority, Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution).
To provide System Safety expertise to safety related projects from Bid and Tender phase through to delivery and final sign-off of the Safety Case.
The role will require:
Carry out Safety Assessments, ensuring commercial and project requirements are defined and met, on bids and on existing project changes.
The provision of Safety Management advice to colleagues.
Develop Safety Engineering items such as Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs, Safety Case Reports.
The ability to perform Safety Engineering analysis activities on complex IT based projects.
* Support bids from a safety / risk perspective.
* Development, maintenance and implementation of System Safety assurance processes documented in Safety Management Plans, based on appropriate standards.
* Conduct System Safety analysis to determine risk and mitigation strategies.
* Prepare and manage System Safety Cases for multiple projects.
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders.
* Briefing colleagues on safety engineering matters
* Demonstrable experience of System Safety processes applied to IT supply scope.
* Ability to communicate safety issues effectively to stakeholders.
* Pragmatic approach to managing System Safety.
* Proactive approach to System Safety assurance.
* Able to engage with multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience of formal safety requirements and standards (e.g. IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DefStan 00-56 or DCB0129).
* Familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques.
* Understanding of safety risk assessment.
* Experience of Safety Case production and management.
* Knowledge of Safety Critical and highly regulated environments.
* Application of System Safety Engineering techniques in IT systems, either by design experience or in a Safety Engineering role
* Understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications
* Sound knowledge of commercial aspects and constraints, and to advise on safety responsibilities accordingly.