|Location: Bristol||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Safety Engineer.
£45,000 - £50,000 Base Salary plus....
* Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
* Flexible Working , Social and family events
* Career development across a diverse International organisation
* 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
* Modern and collaborative working environment
* Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
* Leading edge technology focus
* Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
* Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
* Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
* Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
* Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
To provide Maritime Safety Engineering skills to external and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth. Tasking will be provided and supervised by the Project Manager and Principal Safety Engineers where necessary, though a degree of self-starter experience will be necessary.
The primary output for this role will be provision of safety engineering expertise to deliver defined artefacts in support of projects to clients. Artefact production will cover the whole range of Safety Management System (SMS) documentation for Maritime platforms, and the applicant should possess analytical skills to examine evidence to support a safety argument. Ability in the use of safety engineering tools and techniques together with excellent report writing skills is essential for the delivery of output.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work in a variety of other domain safety support roles within a team, and must be prepared to travel to meet customer and internal business needs.
- Assimilating information and gaining a good understanding of the problems and issues associated with new tasks
- Providing solution options for discussion and agreement with their supervisor and PMs.
- Delivering solutions for review and approval by their customer and supervisor.
- Working within a geographically dispersed team
- Support the development of new and nurture existing business relationships both internally and externally.
- Support new team members and to help grow the capability
-Take the lead on specific tasks, providing support to other team members where needed. This may include a requirement to supervise more junior team members and review their output against the schedule.
- Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards and any other specifications given.
- Provide solutions to problems that are defensible, auditable and which will meet customers' expectations and needs
- Provide support to time estimates for inputs to bids;
- Ensure that all work performed is consistent with Compliancy Procedures
- Support and develop potential business opportunities within the existing and potential customer base.
- Develop and maintain effective technical networks with Maritime customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Analytical and logical thinking skills consistent with those associated with the successful completion of a degree in mathematics, science or technology; also the job holder must have conceptual flexibility and be able to think in an integrated/holistic /systematic manner.
- Good judgement for reliably identifying and managing risks, and also for selecting the most appropriate solution from a range of options.
- Good questioning, listening, influencing and general interpersonal skills to obtain relevant and accurate information from others.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- A collaborative willingness to influence/persuade others to align to a particular course of action.
- Good team working.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the Maritime regulatory organisations.
- An enthusiastic, proactive, success orientated outlook.
- Job holder is expected to travel regularly in the UK including overnight stays.
- Seek guidance from others when in doubt and advise/support others where the expertise is considered to be SQEP.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.