|Location: Cambridgeshire||Salary: £25 - £30 per hour|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Life Sciences||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Senior Scientist required for highly reputable Pharmaceutical organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. The Senior Scientist will have a background of working with blood; isolating and culture of cells and cell screening + imaging (CRISPR), with extensive exposure to working with immunology cell cultures, development and execution of immune cell assays, ideally in miniaturised plate-based formats and using high content/FACs based endpoints.
The successful Senior Scientist will be educated to degree level in subjects such as Biology or Immunology, has essential experience in T cells with T regs experience being hugely desirable.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Scientist will include:
- Lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in immunology cellular screening, working in partnership with colleagues across the company to build screening capabilities and deliver target ID screens.
- Generate quantitative data to identify and prioritise biological pathways for target validation.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to continuous improvement of techniques and processes.
- Represent the department and achieve scientific visibility through project contributions and presentations at internal meetings, as well as external collaborations, conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Scientist:
- PhD in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Immunology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc
- Highly proficient in mammalian cell biology techniques including the isolation and culture of primary immune cells.
- Excellent teamworking, communication and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across discipline/culture/expertise.
- Experience of arrayed or pooled CRISPR screening highly desirable
- Experience working with automation
- Experience of NGS readouts
This really is an incredible opportunity for a Senior Scientist to progress their career with a progressive Pharma organisation. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.