|Location: Bristol||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Technology, Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Job Title: Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol OR Wiltshire
Salary: £DOE + Package
Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineers needed for a leading defence and aerospace organisation based in the Salisbury area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with specification, design and implementation of complex systems solutions within an aerospace engineering environment.
If you have a background dealing with helicopter systems (ideally military) and associated software/electronics that would be highly desirable!
What the role of the Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer will include:
- Coordination of activities between the various technical disciplines, working in partnership with the Project Managers, to ensure a consistent approach to the creation and delivery of our products and technical advice.
- The technical management of all activities on projects relating to a specific air platform or capability including acting as required as the technical point of contact for the customer (MOD, Commercial or other Defence)
- Engaging with customers to elicit and understand their requirements, and manage the process of analysis and decomposition of the requirements.
- Provision of technical support to the Sales and Bid teams in terms of the creation of the innovative technical solutions, inc delivery plans and estimates (supported by Subject Matter Experts)
- Generation and execution of Technical Delivery Plans
- Day-to-day leadership and management of technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer's requirements.
- Working as a key member of a Systems/Project Engineering team.
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools in accordance with the company Operating Framework to meet customer requirements.
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them.
- Ensuring compliance with business processes and technical engineering governance.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer:
- Excellent people leadership and communication skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of applying general Systems Engineering principles.
- Technical experience throughout the air vehicle life cycle
- Ability to make sound judgements and decisions on integrated solutions
- Sound knowledge of technical governance
- Knowledge of aircraft certification and systems design
- Aerospace Engineering Background with a track record of relevant technical activity delivery.
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, or evidence of progress towards Professional Registration with a PEI
- Experience of applying system engineering toolsets and paradigms such as IBM DOORS, MBSE, V & V, etc.
- Knowledge of the MOD customer and MOD Procurement process
- Knowledge of MAA RA1220
- Knowledge and experience of applying EASA Part 21
- Knowledge and experience of MAA DAOS
- Knowledge of air systems at platform level
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Senior / Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.