|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Salary: Excellent salary + great benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior or Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join an award-winning consultancy.
Their work ranges from small-scale refurbishment and extension to large-scale new build in all areas from residential, education, healthcare and arts to commercial, sports and infrastructure.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Senior / Principal Infrastructure Engineer within design team on designated projects, reporting to the Associate Director.
- As a principal designer; manage, lead and deliver designs on designated projects utilising members of the design team, on time and on budget.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and design using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Provide a single point of contact within LDE on designated projects.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Negotiations with statutory utilities to obtain layouts and quotations.
- Understand and implement designs on private areas to comply with current Codes of Practice.
- Understand and appreciate the role of the other members of the design team (Architect, M&E Engineer, Client etc).
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation, codes of practice, design codes and proprietary suppliers.
- Undertake project reviews and value engineering of each project to ensure the client requirements are met by the most viable option.
- Understand the required programme, co-ordination, communication and LDE involvement within project to ensure satisfactory delivery of a project.
- Maintain and develop technical and management capability through CPD, attending internal and external seminars regularly.
- Understand and implement RSK's HERRR, Quality and SHEQMS procedures at project level.
- Attend training seminars when relevant and present key points to colleagues.
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
- Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
- Assist in the day-to-day and weekly workload programme to ensure delivery of projects.
- Technical report production (pre-acquisition, planning submission, utilities & flood risk assessments)
The Successful Principal Engineer will be:
- A versatile Project Civil Engineer with at least 6 years of UK design experience of working on large regeneration projects, housing estates, sewer diversions, schools, and highways.
- Will have a minimum of 6 years post-graduation experience.
- Be familiar with flood risk assessments, detailed design of SUDS & drainage, earthworks, S106 applications, build over agreements, S278 works and will be conversant with AutoCAD, PDS / Civils 3D and Windes.
- They will be required to design and manage their own projects whilst supervising junior members and Civil Technicians within the team.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.