|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Cheltenham. They're looking for an enthusiastic and competent Senior Software Developer to join our well-established cyber and computer forensics technological development team. As a keen technologist, you'll have a background in IT infrastructure and/or software engineering. Original ideas and innovation are strongly encouraged, and you'll play a pivotal role in developing complex, unique features.
The successful Senior Software Developer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Pension plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Developer will include:
- Design, develop and maintain an advanced suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies.
- Work on cyber defence and response development activities, collaborating with our team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts.
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts to prototyping, deployment and testing.
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Developer:
In order to be the successful Senior Software Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- At least five years' relevant experience.
- Strong coding abilities - proficient in at least one high-level language, ideally C#
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big data solutions.
- Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP).
- An understanding of source control, bug tracking and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs.
- Hardware, network and application design and monitoring.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- The ability to follow a fast, iterative and agile development approach.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Developer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.