|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: April Burton|
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer needed for a leading electronic engineering company. They provide a variety of electronic products for military applications including naval sonar and combat management systems, gun fire control systems and weapon interfacing electronics.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will want to work for this client, not just because this is a fantastic opportunity. My client also offers a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary and progression based on merit
* 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
* Bonus Scheme based on company profits / cash targets
* Group Flexible Retirement Plan
* Life Assurance
* Flexible start/finish times
* Employee support helpline
* Sports and social clubs
* Flexible Select Benefits (choose from an extra list of benefits to personalise for yourself).
What the role entails
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
* Contribute to the technical direction for their allocated scope.
* Support planning input to project schedules and deliver own work commensurate with those plans.
* Contribute information to project reports.
* Mentor junior staff technically.
* Support principal engineer to review and guide the elaboration of derived software requirements at the outset of the project.
* Design, code and unit test software in accordance with the company's procedure and project specific requirements.
* Implement software that is maintainable and is fit for purpose.
* Undertake all integration and test activities when required.
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in software, computer science or software related discipline.
* Experience of software engineering full lifecycle.
* Customer facing experience in a formal acceptance test environment.
* Knowledge of formal requirements capture and analysis (preferably using DOORS)
* Possessing a rigorous and methodical work pattern.
* Robust experience of UML and OO design methodologies.
* Experience of real time designs, programming concepts and design patterns.
* Proficiency in high level programming language C++ and/or Java.
* Experience in defence environment/SONAR
The successful candidate must have security (SC) clearance as a minimum (must only hold a British passport).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Senior Software Engineer
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.