|Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England||Salary: £350 - £400 per day|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Contract Senior Software Engineer
Out of scope of IR35
The software engineer will be developing Control Systems and related applications for my clients medical devices. This control systems software suite includes a service application, factory test software and provides an interface between the external management software and the Real Time control software. The role will be working in a Scrum TEAM as part of an Agile Release Train following Scaled Agile SAFe. Software quality is a key responsibility in a safety critial environment.
- Define, design, develop and maintain applications and the control system.
- Full stack development from desktop-based UI development down to messaging and storage solutions, with client /server aspects.
- Maintaining and enhancing Software quality metrics including test coverage and code maintainability through code walkthroughs, testing at all level of the V model and attention to detail. Ensuring the code and the system is well tested and of sufficient quality for full solution testing.
- Ensure that all products are developed in accordance with the applicable published development process and documentation is created in line with this.
- Contribute as needed to enhance our CI/CD pipeline and test automation environments, enabling fast and effective delivery and deployment.
- Be open, honest and respectful with your opinion, sharing technical insight to innovate and improve our products and ways of working.
- Maintain a professional approach, attending and contributing to team meetings as required, and completing a timesheet.
- Continuous improvement through training and learning to keep up to date with industry trends and standards in the healthcare industry and the wider software engineering domain.
- Working as part of a scrum team to not only deliver your own tasks but assist others where priorities require it, or impediments exist.
- Participation in safety analysis, raising of safety issues and involvement in creation of tracible hazard mitigation.
Relevant knowledge and skills:
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills.
- Full stack development using C#/.NET, WPF platforms and C++ on Windows.
- Unit testing and Experience of CI/CD.
- Object Oriented design.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Structured and professional approach to engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques.
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- Understanding and experience of Agile
- SAFe methodologies.
- Previous experience of Medical Devices (or other regulated/safety critical areas)
- Real time and Embedded development experience.
- Automated testing
- Domain Driven Design practices
- Asynchronous programming and event driven systems using Message queues
- Cloud DevOps.
- Containerisation (e.g. Docker)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.