|Location: London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer needed for a multinational defence and aerospace organisation based in London. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of development using C, C++ or Java. If you have designed, tested or developed in any of these languages we would love to hear from you.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with proven experience in the use of object-orientated design and enterprise integration patterns and a sound understanding of Service Orientated and Web Orientated Architectures.
As part of the role of Senior Software Engineer, you will be required to develop and maintain a suite of applications. Our client is in a phase of rapid growth and have opportunities to develop your career and meet your aspirations.
The successful candidate will desirably have a relevant degree - i.e., Software Engineering and have a keen interest in software development. If you have experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies that would be a plus!
What the Senior Software Engineer role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
* Working within and Agile environment, with a focus on Enterprise Java, C and C++, your experience will cover a range of technologies to help provide multi-domain Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions for our customers internationally.
* Using modern software engineering methods (Service Oriented and Web Oriented Architectures, DevSecOps, Agile Development) and embrace cutting edge techniques (modelling and simulation, data science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning) to tackle complex and challenging problems and deliver cost effective, reliable, supportable solutions.
* Helping to solve customer's problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities throughout the Software Lifecycle from requirements capture through to R&D (Research & Development), implementation, automation and test in a wide range of technologies.
* Working with internal and external customers.
* Deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialists in frameworks and/or toolsets.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
* Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
* Fluent in software configuration management, such as Git/Bitbucket
* Keen to learn a broad range of technologies in native environments and on the Java stack
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.