|Location: Crawley||Salary: £400 - £450 per day|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Contract £400 - £450 per day OUTSIDE IR35
Senior Software Engineer needed for a leading medical devices organisation based in Crawley to join their growing team. The Senior Software Engineer will apply their knowledge, skills, and abilities, using appropriate technologies to deliver features as guided by System Architecture, platform and technical leadership. Software quality is a key responsibility in a safety critical environment and is built into the CI/CD pipelines, you will ensure Agile practices are followed in the development teams.
This role is currently offering remote working, with an onsite presence when required.
The successful Senior Software Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification with experience of full stack development.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Define, design, develop and maintain application components, services and APIs on the Domain-based service-oriented platform, hosted on containers.
- Full stack development including, but not limited to, web front end, desktop-based UI development, back end application and database management, image processing, software system integration and third-party device integration.
- Collaborate with varying stakeholders within the organization and business lines, and effective in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Maintain and enhance Software quality metrics including test coverage and code maintainability through code walkthroughs and attention to detail. Ensuring the code and the system is well tested and of sufficient quality for full solution testing.
- Create, review and maintain test at all levels of the V Model. Including unit, component and potentially automated and manual system tests.
- Ensure that all products are developed in accordance with the applicable published development process and documentation is created in line with this.
- Contribute as needed to enhance our CI/CD pipeline and test automation environments, enabling fast and effective delivery and deployment.
- Working as part of a scrum team to not only deliver your own tasks but assist others where priorities require it, or impediments exist.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- OO design principles, data structures and database concepts
- Full stack development using Java, .NET platform (C#, .NET Core)
- Relational database: SQL
- Experience of CI/CD
- Understanding and experience of Agile.
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques.
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career with a well-known organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.