|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, IT & Telecoms, Electronics, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Senior Software Engineer
Defence / Maritime
My client, one of the UK's largest and most succesful engineering companies, are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join their growing team!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to take the next step in their career with a globally recognised business. Ideally you will need experience of full software development life-cycle consisting of requirements analysis, architectural design, detailed design, implementation and test.
Ideally for this Senior Software Engineer position you will also have experience of signal processing, and be highly proficient programming in C++.
All candidates must be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
On offer for this exciting permanent opportunity is a competitive salary, and benefits including:
- Life Assurance Cover
- Flexible working
- Early finish Friday
- Subsidised health & dental
- & many more!
Key Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer will need to have full software development life-cycle consisting of requirements analysis, architectural design, detailed design, implementation and test.
- Sonar signal processing algorithm implementation, optimisation and verification.
- Software Configuration and Build Management.
- Adhere to the company's software engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting bids by providing input on technical solutions estimates and plans.
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- From time to time you will be expected to take on technical leadership roles for small teams of developers delivering software components to agreed cost, schedule and quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for Senior Software Engineer
- Signal Processing, DSP - ideally in sonar or radar domain
- Expert at C++ programming.
- Parallel Multithreaded processing.
- Formal software design methodology (UML, OO…).
- Use of Unit Test frameworks and implementation of (automated) unit testing.
- Production of formal software documentation throughout the whole life-cycle (planning, design, test, transition, manuals…).
- Configuration and setup of production tool chains with continuous integration work flow.
- Selection and Implementation of widely used development methodologies and life-cycles (agile, waterfall, V model, incremental).
To apply for this exciting position, please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.