|Location: Bedford||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer needed for a specialist aerospace R&D organisation based in Bedford who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Software Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Mathematics, a Mathematical Science or Engineering and have demonstrable experience of using LabVIEW with knowledge of aerodynamics principles.
Applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the software and processes involved in generating customer data from our wind tunnel facilities
- Develop and maintain the existing software, enabling provision of bespoke data processing based on customer requirements
- Provide technical input towards the development of our next generation of wind tunnel control and data processing systems. This will involve development of the requirements, system architecture, associated processes and software, and the migration from our existing capability
- Provide input into technical discussions with customers and suppliers from around the world
- Use good software development practices to develop code that is tested, documented and maintainable, and provide input into the continuous development of our software quality processes.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
- Considerable experience as a software engineer in a technical/engineering context
- In-depth knowledge of Fortran and Unix/Linux
- Experience developing software using at least one of C/C++ or Python
- An understanding of the factors affecting software performance, and the ability to design and write code that is maintainable, extensible and efficient
- A sound knowledge of good practices within software development. For example, version control, testing processes, coding standards etc.
- Experience developing software that performs three dimensional spatial manipulations
- Experience working with legacy software
- Knowledge of network communication protocols
- Experience developing real-time software
- Experience defining and delivering a complex software development programme
- Experience of processing large quantities of data
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.