|Location: Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer needed for a highly reputable Defence & Electronics organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of high-level programming languages (C++/C), Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Embedded Software development, and software development within a highly regulated environment.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Contribute to estimation activates and the identification of Risks Assumptions and Dependencies.
- Planning approach to software development and testing.
- Software component level design.
- Development of high quality, well tested code and accompanying documentation.
- Rigorous configuration control.
- Adherence to the company's engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting the integration and verification of software components into a wider system.
- Providing periodic (normally monthly) status updates on software work packages, including work Spend to Date, Estimates to Complete, Estimated Completion Dates and any key risks or issues.
- Supporting your Software Team Lead in the day to day running of the Software Function by efficient completion of weekly administrative tasks, understanding and following company procedures and promoting an agile, innovative and sharing culture.
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer
In order to be the successful Senior Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- UML and associated tools (Rhapsody and EA architect).
- High level programming languages (C++/C, Java, Python).
- Qt/QML GUI Framework.
- Agile development (Jira).
- Automated test technologies (GoogleTest, GoogleMock and Squish).
- IP Communications.
- Serial and discrete communications.
- Linux Operating System.
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Operating system hardening.
- Virtualisation experience (e.g., VMWare, Hypervisor).
- Clear and concise documentation skills (Microsoft office toolset).
- Configuration control (SVN and GIT)
- Continuous integration and build (Jenkins).
- Embedded Software development.
- Developing software in a regulated environment (Defence, Aerospace and Automotive)
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Senior Software Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.