|Location: Rochester||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior Software Engineer - Product Development
Senior Software Engineer urgently needed for My client who has a great oportunity based in Rochester, Kent.
We believe that our customers deserve the best, both in terms of the manufactured product, but also the service we offer. We know that our people are key to our ongoing success and we recognise and value and contribution that our teams make. In return, we are able to offer full and rewarding careers, competitive benefits and great opportunities in a supportive and
A Senior Software Engineer is needed to design and develop software for the company products and devices and assist in software development for future group company projects
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop software for fire control system equipment, ensuring the product meets the relevant fire and safety standards.
- Work closely with the hardware and software teams during the design and support stages of product development.
- Liaise with other software engineers where necessary.
- Ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
- Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company's Production
- Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update designs and design documentation as required.
- Ensure that all aspects relevant to the tasks in hand relating to the product operation and usage are understood, thereby ensuring that products operate as required.
- Maintain efficient and effective records relating to designs and design modifications, including issue status.
- Keep abreast of new developments relating to system design including software tools and techniques.
- Act as Project Leader on design projects as required.
- Actively observe and support the company's Quality Policy.
- Undertake other duties which may from time to time become necessary.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers who are highly motivated and have a passion to contribute to the success of our company In addition to this, you will possess the following:
Senior Software Engineer - Qualifications
Degree in an IT or Computer Science related field or a proven track record in system design and development.
Previous Experience in a software design role, using C, C++ and C# in an embedded Linux based system. Working knowledge and experience with microcontrollers from 8 to 32 bit. o Ability to work within a team structure and provide leadership where required
- A good knowledge of C, C++ and C#.
- A working knowledge of Embedded Linux based systems.
- Proficiency using Linux and Windows based systems. IDEs, Eclipse, Visual Studio,
- C, C++, C#, serial communication protocols including RS232/RS485, USB, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP etc).
- Desirable: Understanding of Assembler, software techniques for power reduction, design for low-cost, high-volume manufacture.
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex M3/M4 development.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Circuits.
If you are a Senior Software Engineer working with Electronics and you are interested in a new role then get in touch asap.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.