|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Senior Software Engineer - Linux Developer
Senior Software Engineer with Linux experience needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Software Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant computer science or software engineering degree and have a strong background in software development techniques, best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
The role will involve working closely within the software development teams to design, develop and deploy a range of complex software solutions hosted on Linux platforms and provide Linux specific expertise in the areas of installation, configuration and optimisation.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Linux Operating System configuration
- Linux application development and deployment
- Defect investigation and defect resolution
- Support of integration and verification activities
- Accountable for cost and schedule of assigned work
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
Red Hat Linux application development
- Red Hat configuration including production of Kickstart files
- C++ or Java Development
- Linux device driver development
- Linux Device Driver porting
- Red Hat certification (RHCSA, RHCE) or similar
- Hands on experience of DevOps practices and tools
- RTI DDS Experience
- IP Network design and optimisation
- Proficient with a variety of Software Configuration Tools including SVN and GIT
- Sonar background
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.