|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Senior Software Test Engineer
Candidates will have to be eligible for UK SC secuirty clearance
My client generates world-leading technology critical for humankind, including vital components for radiotherapy machines and the imaging devices used in ground-breaking space missions.
My client is undergoing a profound and positive transformation. They are a growing business, making significant investments in our capabilities and facilities. They employs c 11000 people worldwide, their Chelmsford facility is one of largest within the group hosting multiple business units and functions.
Working across all stages of a project lifecycle on the latest imaging devices and sub-systems for Space and Science from bid phase to project closeout. This opportunity is for an experienced Test Software Engineer to support the design and development of the Control, Acquisition and Analysis Software used to test and operate their current and next generation high speed Imaging Sensors. Test Software Engineers work as part of the larger test equipment delivery function to deliver automated test equipment to test imaging sensors for science and space applications.
The position will involve the following responsibilities and activities which all contribute to the design, development, delivery and maintenance of ATE. This is subsequently used by Engineering and Manufacturing functions to test and screen CMOS, CCD and IR imaging sensors and subsystems that are used by the world's largest space and astronomy institutes to conduct ground-breaking research.
- Design, develop and deliver control, acquisition and analysis software using LabVIEW and Matlab
- Responsible for management and on-time delivery of allocated work packages/tasks to the required standard
- Deliver software work packages and associated documentation, such as test plans and test reports, whilst working within an established software development framework
- Support and attend internal and customer meetings by presenting technical information and carrying out relevant actions
- Support teams outside of the Test Software group, including Electronics, Firmware, Project Management and Product Verification to develop and deliver ATE
- Actively participate in ensuring quality assurance practices are adhered to and maintained throughout project lifecycle
- Support, help to identify and carry out process improvement activities - both specific to own projects and those affecting other projects
The ideal candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- An electronics or software related degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of programming in LabVIEW and Matlab within a test environment
- Demonstrated electronics background working in an industrial environment
- Experience of software development lifecycles
- Experience in a related industry (manufacturing, defence or space)
- Understanding of test development and fault finding
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Experience in high volume data management, including SQL databases
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.