|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Systems engineer - Senior
Job of Systems Engineer - Senior:
To undertake systems engineering tasks, SE tools design & support, support for tools and processes and requirements capture and management, under the leadership of the Systems Engineering Manager and the Management Team.
(NB: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required.)
The successful Systems Engineer - Senior will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary of £40,000-£50,000
* Life assurance
* Sick pay
* Pention scheme
* Private medical
* Income protection
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer - Senior will include:
* To provide and maintain Subject Matter Expertise in Requirements Engineering and Project Design Lifecycle, as applicable to Marine Automation Projects
* To implement PMS engineering process, dovetailing Company procedures with that of customer and project organisations to ensure the efficient management of the requirements, specification and validation / verification of ship design and system interfaces.
* To negotiate and manage contract technical requirements and assure traceability through to system delivery, ship commissioning and customer acceptance.
* To assist in the production of, and supervise authorship of, system and equipment specifications; the derivation and acceptance of technical assessment criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
* To lead technical reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the (I)PMS design by customer and project team stakeholders.
* To lead the decomposition and management of IPMS requirements on various projects
* To lead Engineering assurance activates against technically biased processes, driving in product quality
* Interface management at system level and below, and support of enterprise architecture development.
* To assist in SE support of Engineering work packages and associated Level 4 plans.
* To provide highly effective and credible Technical Representation for the company when dealing with customers and suppliers.
* Other tasks agreed with the Systems Engineering Manager as appropriate.
* To support the business front end and marketing activity, and product road mapping as required
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer - Senior:
In order to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects
* Knowledge of the "Vee" cycle.
* Good people management skills
* Good understanding of formal design processes
* Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills
* Good PC skills (Ideally DOORS, System Architect, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!