|Location: Cheshire||Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer
£45,000 - £60,000 per annum + benefits & bonus
Senior Systems /Requirements Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence consultancy based in the Warrington area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, the successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Systems Engineering process as well as experience of applying these skills within a complex technical environment. You will be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods, the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets, as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
What the role of the Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer will include:
This role will see the successful applicant leading a range of projects, mainly in the Defence, Nuclear and Energy domains (but potentially in any field), working with other consultants and contributing to the successful delivery of contracts to our customers. The work will entail delivering (and ultimately leading) projects related to User and System Requirements, Acceptance (including Verification and Validation work), Model-Based Systems Engineering and potentially modelling and architecture. The role will involve regular engagement with clients to deliver projects, identify future opportunities, and develop enquiries and bids.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer:
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum essential requirements:
- Understanding of the V lifecycle, User Requirements, System Requirements, and verification & validation.
- Evidence of experience in elicitation of User and System Requirements, and associated Acceptance/V&V, within complex engineering projects.
- You will demonstrable the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets (including experience of IBM Rational DOORS® software), as well as demonstrating that you are able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at technical, project or enterprise level.
- You must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- An understanding of MBSE and architecture modelling techniques, such as CAMEO, TOGAF/NAF and other tools would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Asset Management practices including awareness of ISO 55000
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems / Requirements Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.