|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Medical Devices, Engineering, Life Sciences||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Senior Tools Engineer
West Sussex (Remote working with occasional travel to site)
Senior Tools Engineer needed for a highly reputable Medical Device organisation based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Tools Engineer that takes pride in their work and has experience in software management as well as in enterprise software tool administration, experience in Software Application Configuration/customization/scripting and experience in product development, preferably in both Software and Hardware environments.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Tools Engineer will include:
- Leads the selection of software / product engineering lifecycle tools based on user and process requirements in alignment with all relevant stakeholders
- Drives the requirements definition process for new tools and acts as facilitator between involved stakeholder groups e.g., Business Lines
- Develops integration and automation solutions across the engineering toolchain
- Installs and configures new tools according to defined user needs
- Leads and conducts the (re-) validation for new and existing tools
- Leads and supports tool maintenance, upgrades and administration including the creation of required documentation
- Acts as 1st and 2nd line user support for internal stakeholders and performs tools disaster recovery, if needed
- Provides tool training and coaching for the Global Tools Team as well as for tool users
- Participates in process improvement activities
- Ensures compliance to company procedures and standards e.g.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Tools Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree (STEM subject preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years' experience in software management as well as in enterprise software tool administration
- 5+ years' experience in Software Application Configuration/customization/scripting
- 5+ years' experience in product development, preferably in both Software and Hardware environments
- Experience and understanding of Agile and Scaled Agile practices
- Proven ability to work across and vertically in medium size organizations with teams that are geographically separated.
- A good knowledge and application of methods, tools and applications in a high-tech engineering business organization a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer focus and excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter who demonstrates an independent and self-structured way of working
- Balanced skills to see and understand the big picture while managing the important technical details as required.
- Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for role.
- Experience in the medical device industry is a plus
- Fluent in English
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Tools Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.