|Location: Grimsby||Salary: £31000.00 - £37000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Power & Utilities, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kayleigh Budgen||Job Published: 22 days ago|
£31,000 - £37,000
24 days annual leave + public holidays
Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
Gym membership discounts
Cycle to work scheme
Holiday purchase scheme
2 corporate social responsibility days per year
Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Senior Town Planner
North East Lincolnshire
Senior Town Planner needed for a leading facilities management organisation based in the North East Lincolnshire area who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Town Planner who will contribute to delivering sustainable development and growth in North East Lincolnshire
What the role entails:
As a Senior Town Planner, you will:
- Support the NELC statutory planning function by managing a caseload of complex planning applications, including preparing accurate and concise reports, attending committee and preparing appeal statements.
- To provide development management advice to customers, including applicants, developers, consultees, and objectors, both verbally and in writing and through the pre-application advice service.
- Support the team in achieving their contract performance targets and support junior members of the team and contribute to regular team meetings.
- To sign off and agree officer recommendations on delegated and committee applications.
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers of the planning service, ensuring that its presentation and provision is tailored to the specific audience.
- To engage with and process development consent orders on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects including representing the Council as Local Planning Authority at Public Hearings.
- To contribute to the ongoing improvement of service delivery.
- To negotiate with developers to secure planning gains, such as more appropriate designs.
- To process compliance with planning conditions and other applications.
- To carry out unaccompanied site inspections.
- To have a clear focus on the key priorities for this authority and the impact an individual's work can make on whichever priorities are covered by their service area.
- Ensure performance information is accurate and capable of satisfying appropriate audit procedures.
- To assist in the negotiation and delivery of Section 106 Legal Agreements.
The successful Senior Town Planner will have the following experience:
- At least 3 years' experience of working within a Town Planning Environment.
- You will have a Planning degree or be working towards a degree and have or be working towards full Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Have experience of drafting Committee reports and making professional recommendations.
- Have experience of planning appeals.
- You will have worked on schemes requiring robust and innovative approaches to sensitive or potentially contentious issues.
- Drive and determination with the ability to work on your own initiative to meet client's expectations.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own and teams work to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience and ability to effectively use IT including databases and Microsoft Word Excel Outlook and Teams.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Town Planner to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that the Senior Town Planner position requires candidates to have full Right to Work in the UK
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.