|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Senior Transport Planner
Location: Cambridgeshire, Huntingdon
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
About the Senior Transport Planner Position:
We are currently looking for a Senior Transport Planner to join our growing team in the Cambridgeshire region, working in partnership with another client to deliver Professional Services consultancy to their Term Maintenance Contracts.
You will be a highly motivated individual to help mobilise a new presence in the East Midlands region. The vision is to establish a small team of up to 10 staff in year one of the contract and then grow incrementally thereafter responding to local opportunities.
The role will see you based in Huntingdon, with a team of transport planning professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the business.
Key Duties of a Senior Transport Planner:
* Preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
* Undertake traffic modelling using ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-Paramics, VISSIM and SATURN;
* Assist with data collection, to include parking surveys and trip counts; analyse and present the results;
* Providing technical information to project design teams;
* Applying quality requirements to own work and work of team for quality and accuracy of technical output.
* Ability to manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
* Prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
* Access the contractual and commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
* Set and work to deadlines and targets, for oneself and others;
* Compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice;
* Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of the overall design.
Key Experience of a Senior Transport Planner:
*A BEng/BSc in an appropriate field. e.g. geography, maths or engineering and ideally a transport related post-graduate qualification.
*A minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in in transport planning / transportation / development planning.
*You will be able to demonstrate a high level of good communication skills at both a written and verbal level.
*The ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
*A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
*Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
*Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
*Proven experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
*Proven experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development.
What's in it for you?
We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
All of this, in a professional but fun environment, so if you're interested please get in touch, as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.