|Location: Crawley||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Service Data Engineer
The role is a specialist in receiving product data remotely from clinical systems, analysing it to develop requirements for future data sets and utilising the analysed data for immediate and long term predictive/proactive actions and product improvements. Writing of requirements and working closely with software developers to ensure their effective implementation will form a critical part of the role. The role then creates and deploys test cases for the output of developers. The roles focus is about effectively and efficiently enhancing remote access and data gathering tools. The role is instrumental in the full lifecycle for remote tools for the business line and directly impacts and improves uptime and quality of the system to benefit the customer and patients.
The role reports into the Product Quality and Service function but would work closely with the Remote Command Centre in the Global Service Innovation team.
- Review, develop, and implement suggested remote tooling enhancements.
- Collaborate with service engineering, RCC engineering and R&D engineering to create requirements for the remote tooling with justification.
- Feed the requirements into the remote tool software developers and support development ensuring effective implementation.
- Develop and deploy test cases to perform effectiveness and verification of actioned requirements prior to field release.
- Create, organise, and maintain release schedules for remote tools and the technical road map for future development for the BL.
- With the data gained transform insights and potential trends into future improvements, be it changes to the product or remote tools, maintenance schedules or proactive/predictive actions.
- Lead the Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) group.
- Collaborate with global service, service design, PQ&S and R&D to ensure remote access requirements, opportunities and strategies are considered and applied throughout the project and product lifecycle.
- Maintain and develop product knowledge to optimise and fully engage with stakeholders.
- Work with the Global Service Delivery manager for the BL to ensure increased uptake of client own software for service efficiencies.
- Create reports and maintain usable access to the information being gained by the remote tooling to the support and engineering teams and Business Line management.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies -
- Degree qualified or significant relevant experience, ideally with membership to a relevant professional body. Minimum of an HND/HNC in an engineering or scientific subject.
- A strong background in analysing data and transforming the data into realistic design inputs/requirements.
- Knowledge of software development practises and requirement writing experience highly desired.
- Experience in service management practices in a technical service support environment.
- Exceptional technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of industry standards such as ITIL, Agile SAFe, Project Management, ISO etc.
- Strong communication skills using all available tools. Clear, concise, and coherent written work. Proactive communicator.
- Background working in a regulated medical environment supporting complex systems in the field.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and has excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work independently and effectively interact with colleagues in other departments, business areas, and regions
- Ability to operate at multiple levels of an organisation and in an international/multi-cultural environment.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.