|Location: Horsham||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Service Desk Lead / Manager
I am recruiting for a Service Desk Lead / Manager for a successful MSP in the Horsham area.
This role would be ideal for an experienced 2nd line / 3rd line to step up and lead the service desk team.
My client is a fully managed service provider who provide, Manged IT, Communications and Print services to a range of clients across the UK.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity to work within a growing company with ambitious goals, with this role in particular providing growth and training opportunities within a fun and hardworking culture.
This role will involve managing the service desk with three technicians and being an escalation point supporting the IT infrastructure of our clients specifically within the South East and ensure their I.T systems are running smoothly.
As a Service Desk Lead / Manager you will receive the following benefits:
- 22 days holiday
- Social Environment
Service Desk Lead / Manager Description:
- Managing helpdesk ensuring SLA's are met and the appropriate resources aligned
- Respond to either first line support or end user software or hardware queries via email, phone or face to face.
- After identifying the issue, you will talk the first line support staff or end user through the required steps to resolution or escalate to third line support as and when necessary.
- Work with Head of IT and wider support team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented.
- Update the ticketing system, ensuring the call has been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various software and hardware technologies supported by the team.
- Maintain a strong customer focus at all times.
- Attend client sites for service and review meetings as and when required by the business.
- Keen to grow and develop with the company.
Service Desk Lead / Manager Skills:
- Good understanding of domain environments - GPO administration, NTFS permissions, security settings, certificate management, advanced DHCP settings, resolving DNS issues.
- Good understanding of AD - Ability to setup AD, make changes, migrate to new servers, diagnose & resolve problems.
- Good workstation maintenance/troubleshooting - Ability to deal with any issue arising from supported environment.
- Good network knowledge - All aspects of routers, switches, AP's, network protocols, fibre links.
- Good understanding of virtualisation.
- Experience in managing and configuring backup solutions.
- Experience configuring and managing firewall settings.
- Experience in managing VOIP systems.
- Good understanding of office 365 and google workplace environments
- Previous MSP experience preferred.
- Driving licence essential
- Confident with site visits to clients
- Able to work independently and part of a team
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.