|Location: Southwark, Greater London, England||Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Walmisley|
Service Desk Technician, £20,000 - £24,000
8:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday
If you are an experienced IT Service Desk Technician that is looking to take the next step in your career in a dynamic and international business setting then look no further than this position I am recruiting for.
Looking for someone that will be able to resolve IT issues of varying complexities, across a range of IT systems for onsite staff as well as domestic and international remote staff. You will be reporting directly to the Regional Service Desk manager and working collaboratively with the global IT team. You will also have involvement in the delivery of various IT projects, including but not limited to the physical installation and setup of various types of hardware such as PCs, Macs, routers, and switches.
- Providing 1st line IT support for incidents and service requests in person or via remote support tools.
- Recording, tracking, and documenting the lifecycle of an incident or request within the ITSM system following ITIL best practices.
- Fixing causes, not just symptoms, and doing what is necessary to prevent problems from recurring.
- Investigating and implementing ways of reducing calls to the Service Desk.
- Managing on prem and Azure AD user and group objects.
- Setting up and configuring new hardware to meet business requirements.
- Monitoring and maintaining network equipment, servers, VOIP telephony systems and AV technologies.
- Recognizing when to escalate IT issues to 2-line support or other IT groups.
- Supporting the collection and administration of faulty devices with 3 party suppliers, while monitoring the process from collection to return of device.
- At least 1 year of Service Desk Technician experience
- Proven customer service skills with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of ITIL's ITSM framework.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, on prem & Azure AD, network technologies, and VOIP systems.
- Sound knowledge of Win 7/10, Mac OS, MS Office productivity suite, and general desk support.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- May need to travel domestically.
The successful applicant for this Service Desk Technician role will benefit from 25 days holiday, constant training opportunities and fast progression.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.