|Location: Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jamie Anscomb||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Shift Manager needed for a leader within the energy from waste sector. The Shift Manager will be a senior individual within the onsite management team providing leadership to the shift teams. The Shift Manager will be required to deal with; health and safety on site, dealing with visitors and contractors, minimalising environmental impact and dealing with the operation of the site. HNC/ Degree Equivalent and senior authorised person experience is needed.
- A competitive salary which is dependent on experience within the industry
- Up to 12% Bonus
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as the Shift Manager, you will be working on 12 hour shifts responsible for:
- Providing leadership, direction, strategy and improvement to the team, including leading improvement activities (safety, emergency procedures, training, work instruction, continuous improvement etc).
- Reporting and investigating incidents onsite/ analysing losses to reduce likelihood of reoccurrence
- Developing, managing ideas and solutions to improve operational performance and projects
- Estimating material requirements and placing timely orders
- Planning and co-ordinating permit requirements and operational activities
- Assisting with any annual shutdown related activity including taking leadership during planning process
- Preparing operational strategies ensuring it aligns with overall plans/ requirements
- Ensuring the operations team is complies with relevant requirements
- Ensuring contractors are operating safety within the system of work
- Maintaining a high standard of work from any designated area on site/ meeting housekeeping standards
- Acting as the operations manager in their absence
- Maintaining the day shift rota co-ordinating with the shift managers
- Liaising with suppliers, councils to manage turnaround times and liaising with the EfW sales manager for additional C&I waste fuel inputs when required
- Carry out Risk Assessments
- Dealing with any other tasks designated by the operations manager
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience within a steam powered power plant operations role! If you are interested get in touch with Gold Group as soon as possible!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.