|Location:||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell|
WIJSTER WASTE-TO-VALUE PLANT
Waste Source: Various Poultry Manure
- Technology: Anaerobic digestion in conjunction with CHP and biomethane production
- Electricity Capacity: up to 3 MW
- Thermal Energy Capacity: up to 3.1 MW
- Biomethane production capacity up to 27 MW
The site manager will oversee the entire operation of a waste-to-value biogas plant. The site manager will be expected to have strong organisational and managerial skills to meet the process plants' performance targets effectively. The available position is a permanent on-site position in Wijster, Netherlands.
- Position = Site Manager
- Location = At the plant, Wijster Netherlands
- The candidate should be willing to travel out of the country for the first two months of his employment while training at our other plants in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Graduate engineer with a minimum post-graduate practical experience in operation and maintenance appropriate to the class of machinery he is required to supervise.
- VaPro-D training essential
- Health and Safety: VCA-Vol certificate
- Experience working on an AD plant is highly advantageous.
Offer & Leave:
- EUR 61,500 per annum - (including holiday allowance)
- 25 leave days per annum
- One Year Contract (40 hours a week) - Willing to convert into a full-time contract once we know the employee is cut-out for it.
- Day shift/on-call
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability manage team
- Good general understanding of financial reporting and cost control
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as an integral part of an operations team.
- Methodological approach to problem-solving.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Overall responsibility for the site and legal compliance.
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant ensuring all policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Develop processes that will maximise stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity at the plant.
- Ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to optimise the plant's performance and product generation.
- Recognise trends and anomalies in production data.
- Report the waste-to-value plant's production and performance figures to the stakeholders.
- Apply problem-solving to provide solutions to mechanical and electrical breakdowns of process equipment.
- Maintain strict health & safety standards.
- Develop and Manage site budget (requirement to perform against the budget, ensuring the site meets the bottom line). Financial forecasting and budgeting for new financial year.
- Manage and guide a team of operators and plant staff.
- Manage and drive the procurement process and build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Communicate with Head Office Support and keep an open communication channel.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.